spoon

Tuna, Bok Choy, Root Beer, Kidney Beans

Category:

Now unlike week one I don't dislike any of these ingredients. But putting them together into one dish would be the problem. The bok choy and the tuna would go nicely together with the tuna seared and the bok choy sauteed. With some citrus and soy sauce, I made the root beer into a teriyaki marinade for the tuna. The last thing to figure out was the kidney beans. 

Wanting to keep with the Asian theme of the other ingredients, I cooked the kidney beans down with some ginger, root beer, and soy sauce and added in fresh garlic. I mixed the beans in with some thin noodles, chilled them, and tossed it with sesame soy dressing that includes:

Sesame Soy Dressing:
Tahini (sesame seed puree)
Red chili paste
Rice vinegar
Honey
Soy sauce
Sesame oil
Garlic 
Ginger
Black pepper

I crusted the tuna with sesame seeds and seared it. Along with the bok choy sauteed in soy sauce and ginger, it turned out like this.

Comment (1)

The sesame noodles, which I have come to learn are a regular occurrence in Jason's kitchen, were fantastic. He made so many of them that night that we gorged on seconds and even had leftovers that I ate the next day. The tuna and bok choy were also very well prepared and aptly executed. The whole meal was really spot on and together, much more so than our previous dinners. I guess the only thing I could say was missing was root beer. Jason thought it was weird, but I thought the tuna's marinade would have made a fantastic glaze.

-Joe

Post a Comment